About the position
We’re on the lookout for a passionate and talented Paid Media Manager to take up a key role within our team – someone who can produce outstanding commercial results for clients and truly contribute to the future direction of the agency’s Paid offering. From PPC to Social, the ideal candidate will have experience across a range of Paid Media channels – and be well-versed in how to utilise different strategies successfully to drive positive performance against client KPIs. This role would suit a Paid Media professional with a few years’ experience, who is looking to move into a more senior position where they can develop leadership skills and contribute to product direction, processes and strategy.
Duties & responsibilities
- Directly managing a selection of client accounts across Search, Shopping, Display, and Social channels – while overseeing the direction of junior colleagues’ campaigns.
- Creating strategy documentation, account project plans, forecasts, budget recommendations and reports.
- Assuming a leadership role within the team; responsible for resource management and quality assurance across client work completed by junior colleagues.
- Line management of junior colleagues – responsible for training and development, performance and support.
- Monitoring performance within client accounts and providing analysis and investigation.
- Ensuring correct tracking and attribution is in place for Paid Media activity – and taking responsibility for adding this where required.
- Proactively identifying commercial opportunities for clients and making recommendations for new strands of Paid activity.
- Attending weekly reporting calls and updating clients on progress, performance and ongoing account activity.
- Closely managing and monitoring media budgets across the client base and conducting month-end reconciliation and administration.
- Taking an active role in your own personal development as well as that of junior colleagues – identifying knowledge gaps and supporting skill diffusion within the team.
- Acting as a role model and champion for the Paid Media team both internally and externally – continually suggesting new ideas and improvements to enhance our product and benefit client performance.
- Working closely with the Digital Strategy Director to improve our Paid Media offering – as well as developing new and hybrid products which we can offer to clients.
- Representing the team within our strategy review process; sharing performance information, opportunities, and working with other channel teams to ensure alignment.
Skills & qualifications
- 4 years’ experience managing Paid Media campaigns – either in an agency or in-house.
- Up-to-data Google Ads certifications.
- Experienced in using all major ad platforms – as well as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio and Supermetrics.
- Comfortable working across Search, Display and Social channels — with a solid grasp of how to utilise each to reach and acquire customers at different journey touchpoints.
- An interest in exploring emerging channels such as Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH), Programmatic, Audio and Marketplace advertising.
- A clear understanding of digital marketing practices across B2C and B2B business models, and how they differ.
- The ability to map out new processes from start to finish and implement these across the team.
- The ambition to lead a team and look at the ‘big picture’ for how the agency delivers Paid Media solutions to clients.
- An analytical thinker who’s highly organised, with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills – comfortable using a range of formulas (you know your VLOOKUPs from your SUMIFs).
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and ambition to continually step outside your comfort zone, trialing new ideas and ways of working.
Benefits & perks
- Hybrid working policy (Min. 2 days in the office with flexitime)
- AXA health and dental cover
- 21 days annual leave (+1 additional day per year of service up to max of 5)
- Additional paid day off on your birthday
- Company pension
- TechScheme and CycleScheme (discount on personal tech items)
- Company-funded counselling and wellness sessions
- Regular company-funded nights out and events
- Weekly team competitions with gift vouchers
- Free car parking
- High-spec Apple equipment (MacBook Air or similar)
- Vibrant and inspiring office space located close to Manchester City Centre
Training & development
- First-class in-house training and development programme delivered by our experienced digital senior team
- Yearly appraisals
- Monthly 1-2-1s
- Bespoke personal development programmes for each team member
- Opportunities to request additional training programmes
- Access to conferences, webinars and training events
- Great opportunity for progression - based on performance